Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Coldplay @ Verizon

Coldplay (@coldplay)
June 5, 2009
4.5 out of 5

One of my favorite bands playing outside on a beautiful summer night.  Doesn't get much better than that.  The house was packed and they played a nice mix of songs from the new and old hits.  Chris Martin was great and never lacked energy (thought he might talk to the crowd a little more).  It probably started a little slow for the average fan (sparklers in daylight and the reference to "indiana-ins" didn't help) but they definitely picked up the pace with "In My Place" and "Yellow" back to back then an awesome rendition of "Fix You" a couple of songs later.  The $9.00 beers and fees of $26 per ticket will always be a .5 star reduction from me, but I definitely fealt like I got my $'s worth. (Also met a really cool couple, Scott and Laura).  I honestly don't think this band will fade away anytime soon, I highly recommend seeing them live even if you are just a casual fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment